A busy week at our house!
I think that most exciting thing about our new CSA is that we get other foods in addition to just vegetables. We are true omnivores in our house and the Small Omnivore Basket that we receive each week is just perfect! As this post is ridiculously late, here is a recap of our 2nd week, as well as how we prepared these foods:
- pears – I am not a fan of pears, but Hubs is, so most of these were consumed as breakfast
- roma tomatoes – These were sliced and roasted with some garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- red leaf lettuce – Salads. Perfect with those beets
- golden beets – Roasted for an hour in the oven; holding court in our fridge and used in salads
- eggplant – One was used in eggplant parmesan. The other is still in the fridge and needs to be used ASAP!
- zucchini – Shredded and frozen; zucchini fritters TBM.
- spaghetti squash – Thankfully squash keeps for a little while! Perfect for a weeknight meal.
- cider – This was gone pretty quickly; a certain Hubs of mine loves cider this time of year
- turkey patties – These were put in the freezer and thawed when we had family over for lunch. It was a perfect lunch before traveling out of town for the night.
I am loving the variety, and like I said before, really loving having a kitchen of my own again 🙂