This month’s edition of Foodie Penpals is a tad late – I was traveling all weekend to Ohio for my younger brother’s high school graduation so I had little time to write. School is winding down & I am finding myself with a bit more free time to get things up here (it’s about time!) So you will hopefully be hearing a bit more from me in the next few weeks blogging about food, cooking, our CSA (20 days!), and homebrewing. Yes, you read that one right… 😉
My packaged, mailed with love, came from Reba of Not So Perfect Life:
- Ginger Candy –
- Nut Mix – this was delicious and ended up getting devoured the rest of the way by my husband (he put it in his lunch one day and I never saw it again)
- Cocoa Roast almonds & a Raw*Rev 100 cashew bar – The almonds were great in a pinch after work when I got stuck in traffic & found myself super hungry in the car. The cashew bar reminded me a lot of LaraBars and I was pleased with the energy it gave me when I ate it mid-day, before round two of classes.
- African Bird Pepper – Holy moly. This stuff is hot! And awesome! Reba & I talked about some good ways to use it – I ended up using it in a soup that I had made and the pepper really gave it a nice kick. A little goes a long way, so it’s going to last me quite a while 🙂
- Italian pretzels (chili pepper flavored) – Great pretzel flavor, but not too much chili pepper flavor at all (but that’s okay, because I love pretzels anyway, in any shape, form, or flavor)
I mailed a box over to Stephanie of Mr. & Meatless. Stephanie is a vegetarian & is dabbling with becoming vegan, so it was my job to mail her a few things that went along with her lifestyle preference. I’m looking forward to reading her blog more for recipe ideas, too 😉
Want more information on Foodie Penpals? Here’s a few details for ya…
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. This is because things might get too slow and backed up when trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.