Happy New Year!
My husband and I have been spending the week in Ohio visiting family and friends. It’s been such an eventful trip that we’re going to need a vacation from our vacation 🙂 The snow even followed us down from northern Michigan and my sister was especially elated that we ended up with a white Christmas.
For my kitchen adventures, I received an 8-cup food processor from my parents. My days of making pesto 2 cups at a time are over and I am absolutely elated. I’m also excited to use it for making more soups and sauces – as well as using it as a shortcut for chopping up vegetables! Thanks, Mom & Dad 😉
I don’t have anything ‘new’ to post regarding recipes I’ve recently made – granted, we haven’t been home – but I can at least give you a quick recap of the top recipes of 2013…in case you’re looking for some quick inspiration!
5. Rich Chicken Noodle Soup – A great twist on an old classic
4. Cheeseburger Casserole – An easy, healthy recipe that satisfies that craving for a cheeseburger
3. Chicken Tortilla Soup – A perfect soup for a snow day, that can easily become a vegetarian meal
2. King’s Hawaiian Roast Beef Sandwiches – A tasty appetizer for when company comes
1. Crispy Honey-Soy Tofu – If you’re curious about cooking/eating tofu, this is a great recipe with which to get your feet wet! I am a little surprised that this was the #1 recipe of 2013. But then again, it’s what the people want/like, so it’s all good 🙂
As always, thanks to my wonderful readers for supporting my blog & giving me a fun creative outlet. Even when I’m busy with things at work or having an ‘off’ week of making sad, boring dinners, you keep coming back for more. Thank you!
I’m really excited to see what 2014 brings on both my blog and as well as my personal life. It’s going to be a fun one. I’m not making resolutions of any sort, but I do know that my husband & I want to start being even more mindful of what we eat on a daily basis and to improve our health. Obviously, you may see a few ‘healthier’ recipes come about…but I can assure you that if they are up here, they are awesome 🙂
HAPPY NEW YEAR!