This past week was so, so hectic! Between both school, the bakery, and meetings, I didn’t really have a lot of time to play. Thankfully, the coming week has me a little less frantic, so there’s more time to really create some fun things in our kitchen and actually cook for a change – as opposed to either Hubs making dinner or us getting take out. Don’t get me wrong, though – my husband has been a huge help and so patient as I get used to the new routine!
This past week , we had our usual favorites to enjoy!
- romaine lettuce – Salads for lunches
- garlic – Used in a soup recipe…coming soon!
- celery & celery root?! – My husband had asked the farm helpers what to do with this, and they said that it was really great for stock. Thus this was cut and put right into the freezer.
- grape tomatoes – Roasted and ready for anything!
- potatoes – These will be served with flank steak. Yum!
- green and purple peppers – Used in chicken fajitas.
- zucchini & squash – Most likely, this will go along with the flank steak and potatoes.
- slicing tomatoes – Now I finally have enough for a batch of salsa
The weather is starting to really feel like fall, and I’m not sure how I feel about it. We barely had a summer! Even worse, our house got so cold Friday night that we had to *gulp* turn on the heat Saturday morning to get the chill out. Let’s just hope that the fall weather stays for a while, or the warmer summer air returns. Heaven knows we’re not ready for white stuff yet…