This past week, we were so busy that we even forgot to pick up our CSA on Tuesday; we ended up getting it a day late. Thank goodness for patient farmers 🙂 I’ve been doing what I can to process as I go, but I also put in a lot of hours at the bakery so I still have quite a bit to do tonight before school tomorrow.
I think I’m ready for it. It will be nice to get back into a routine of sorts!
- cherry tomatoes
- I think zebra tomatoes?
- two heads of lettuce – Salads for lunch – no matter what!
- jalapeno peppers – I think a can of pickled jalapenos is finally in order!
- green peppers
- larger tomatoes – I finally had enough to make a batch of salsa
- cucumbers – made into pickles
- potatoes – Just the right amount for potato salad on Labor Day!
- eggplant – I have some Indian and Moroccan meal-makers in my pantry…this may be a great *quick* dish for yoga night.
- parsley – I’ll be making chimichurri to freeze.
My husband asked me the other day why we haven’t had so many tomatoes to process this year – I blame the wacky Michigan weather! However with this warmer spell in the coming week, maybe we’ll get a few more! ::fingers crossed::