Oh, how the months just seem to fly by! It’s hard to believe we’re officially in to May…I have less than 30 days left of school 😀
This month’s Foodie Penpal exchange was with Sherry from Tennessee. She sent over quite the variety of items that go really well with some of my favorite tastes 🙂
- A hand-written note, with the recipe for “Mac & Cheese popcorn” – isn’t the card cute! Ahh, I love it!
- Mrs. Campbell’s Chow Chow (the hot version) – I have heard of chow-chow before, but have never tried it. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet – it sounds fantastic for burgers & hot dogs – so I plan on bringing it along to a cookout we have this weekend.
- Vigo Red Beans & Rice – I love these because they’re so quick and easy to make when you need a quick side dish. Yum!
- Pirouline ‘cookies’ – These are delicious and great for a quick chocolate fix!
- Chili Lemon peanuts – I think we all know how much I love chili and lemon/lime together 🙂
- A bag of unpopped popcorn – Perfect!!!!
- Popcorn Cheese Spice – To go with the popcorn (and part of the recipe that Sherry gave me)
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans – I love my coffee in the morning…and I love chocolate…so obviously this is a great combination!
Thank you, Sherry, for the wonderful package! I have been enjoying everything…especially the popcorn 🙂
Want more information on Foodie Penpals? Here’s a few details for ya…
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. This is because things might get too slow and backed up when trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
**This post was shared with several other Foodie Penpals over at The Lean Green Bean!**