And another month of 2014 has passed. We have finally reached April – and while there’s still snow on the ground, I’m seeing small glimmers of spring popping up. I saw a few flocks of wild turkeys yesterday…the sun is melting the snow…I’m hearing more birds every day…so maybe by June all will be well again 🙂
This post is a little late, as I took a very impromptu roadtrip to Memphis, TN with some friends from college to see the Dayton Flyers men’s basketball team play in the NCAA Elite 8. It was a long trip but it was good to go with some of my very closest friends, and see others that I haven’t seen in years. What a wonderful, albeit exhausting, trip.
So without further ado ::cue drumroll::…March’s Foodie Penpal box! Our package this month comes from Colby in Connecticut. She put together a great package of lots of local items from her hometown, where she & her husband met, and more.
- Her handwritten card has an old picture of her mainstreet from her hometown. It’s so pretty!
- Ashlawn Farm coffee – This comes from a farm & roastery. So far my husband and I are really enjoying the blend that Colby sent us. Mmm…coffee..
- Archie Moore’s wing sauce – We have not tore into this bottle just yet – but I absolutely cannot wait! Baseball season is upon us, as is the World Cup…so it will be used up quickly!
- Sclafani Pasta – locally made in Norwalk, CT. She included some Pamieri Marinara Sauce to go with it; it comes from the neighborhood near where she used to live. We ate this for dinner last night and it was delicious!
- Foxon Park soda – Colby sent us the Root Beer & Birch Beer flavors. They were great!
Thank you, Colby, for the great package that you sent us! We have been enjoying it greatly and appreciate how locally-based it is 🙂
Want more information on Foodie Penpals? Here’s a few details for ya…
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. This is because things might get too slow and backed up when trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.