Look what I started doing again? 😀
I decided to jump back on the Foodie Penpal train in November, but the person who I was paired with never sent me a box (lame!). This month, all was well as I was paired with an elementary special ed teacher, Janelle, who lives in southeastern Pennsylvania. And you know that teachers are awesome 🙂
Here’s what Janelle included in my package, along with a handwritten note (one of the ‘requirements’ of FP):
- Yuengling Light Mild Wing Sauce – Yuengling is a very ‘Pennsylvania’ thing; some of my favorite memories of my year out there included stopping by Smokey Bones after work to have a ‘lager’. Janelle couldn’t locate the hot version, but she sent me the mild, which will still be just as delicious. This is going to be perfect for Superbowl Sunday!
- Urban Detox (Goji Berry flavor) – This stuff is great for hangover prevention & remedy. A must-have for mornings after having a few beers at trivia. Which, may I add, are on school nights.
- Raspberry Lemonade Blistex – It’s wintertime and one of the things that I hate most about the cold weather is the chapped lips that come with it – especially since I’m a musician and need my lips to play all the instruments that I do at the drop of a hat. Janelle threw this in on a whim but figured I’d love it (ironically, I sent her some chapstick too). I do ! I used it during a gig the other night and it kept my lips smooth the entire night. Plus the flavor is pretty great (AKA it’s not cherry chapstick. I HATE cherry chapstick. It tastes like cough syrup!)
- Bhuja Snack Mix – Yum! This is a really unique snack mix with a hint of heat and lots of flavor. It’s awesome 🙂
- Cadbury Mini-Eggs – I love these at Easter! They’re one of the ‘treats’ that I put off eating until very last, because they’re one of the best.
- Stacy’s Pretzel Bread Crisps – I only haven’t tried these yet because of Superbowl Sunday. But, it’s no secret that I love crunchy snacks, especially pretzels. Now I just have to figure out exactly what I’m making with them.
So, Janelle – thank you for one amazing box of goodies. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I’ve been enjoying mine! 🙂
Want more information on Foodie Penpals? Here’s a few details for ya…
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. This is because things might get too slow and backed up when trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.