For March’s edition of Foodie Penpals, I sent a package over to Melissa in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. I received a package from Giselle over at My Healthy Happy Home. It’s a really cute blog, especially for all of you moms out there (both working and SAH) that I know & adore 🙂
The package I received was simple & contained some great items that are/were right up my alley…
- Somersaults sunflower seed snacks – These were amazing! I don’t think that these were something that I’d normally grab off of the shelf – but I now know that if I find these in my local store, I’m going to buy some. They are chock full of great protein & fiber & take away that hangry feeling you get when it’s time to cook dinner. (Hangry = hungry + angry)
- Boom-Chicka-Pop popcorn – ‘Twas delicious.
- Raw Pecan Butter – Something I had never tried before, and was pretty good on my sandwich for a meatless (Lenten) Friday
- Chimes ginger candies – I had never seen these before. Everyone has always said that ginger is spicy & I never believed them, until I tried these! What a sweet & spicy surprise.
- The Good Bean dried chickpea snacks – These were neat…I really enjoyed them! She sent me the cracked pepper flavor.
- Luna Bar – I haven’t had one of these in ages…and I like them 🙂 She sent me the Toasted Nut & Cranberry flavor.
I had told Giselle that I am a savory snacker through and through, and I felt that she did very well. So, thank you very much for the great package! (And PS…check out her blog!)
Want more information on Foodie Penpals? Here’s a few details for ya…
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. This is because things might get too slow and backed up when trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.