I love participating in Foodie Penpals. It’s an absolute blast and who doesn’t like getting fun things in the mail? 🙂
This month, I received a package from Jessica at A Fete for Food (she lives in Massachusetts):
- Homemade olive oil hazelnut granola – YUM – she also included the recipe so that I can recreate it once we run out! My husband has been digging into this as well and also agrees that “
- Organic Cherry & Dark Chocolate bar – YUM! – You can’t ever go wrong with chocolate & cherries!
- Trader Joes Candy Cane Green Tea – this will be fantastic all winter long! Jessica noticed that I don’t have a Trader Joes where I live and she thought that I’d really enjoy this tea.
- Stonewall Kitchen Holiday Jam from York, Maine – I have not tried this yet but am planning on using it for entertaining guests all this season, as we love to have friends over
- locally roasted coffee from Dean’s Beans Organic Coffee Co. – I love, love LOVE my coffee in the morning (I’m pretty sure it’s essential, being a high school teacher and all). I feel that locally roasted coffee (and organic, at that) tastes oh-so-much better than your typical Folgers, Maxwell House, etc. that you buy at the store. I’m actually enjoying a cup of this as I write.
Thank you, Jessica, for the wonderful items! We are enjoying everything 🙂
I sent a package over to Maria over at Lil Mys Ninja (she lives in SC). You can check out her review here.
Wanna join in the fun in January? (December is donation month)
Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean organizes Foodie Penpals, so in her word’s here’s what it’s all about!
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for December, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
** You must submit your information by December 4th as pairings will be emailed on December 5th! **
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsey an email and she will see if we get enough interest this month!
Happy December, everyone!