‘Tis the season of comfort foods! While my husband and I were out to dinner on Saturday, we made a quick meal plan for the week. He suggested chicken pot pie – which we both haven’t had in ages. I immediately recalled my mom’s chicken pot pie and how much I enjoyed it growing up. When I called her over the weekend to get the recipe, she mentioned how easy it was – and she was right!
I also ended up giving her a taste for chicken pot pie, so she made it this week, too 🙂
Chicken Pot Pie – adapted from my mom (thanks, Mom!!)
- 1 box pre-made pie crust (the kind you roll out)
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken (I used some from a ready-made rotisserie chicken at the grocery)
- 1 can cream-of-whatever soup (Hubs picked out potato)
- frozen vegetables (I used just a mixture)
- herbs & seasonings, if you like
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Spray a pie plate with Pam. Unroll & lay one of the pie crusts on the plate.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, soup, veggies, seasonings, and cheddar cheese. Pour onto pie crust.
- Top with the remaining pie crust. Poke a few holes in the top of the crust to vent. Seal the edges with your fingers or a fork.
- Bake at 425* for 35-40 minutes.
I’ll admit – it’s not the prettiest chicken pot pie ever, but it’s very tasty! A good, comforting, and quick weeknight meal!