This is the 2nd month that I’ve participated in the Lean Green Bean’s Foodie Penpal program. It’s an absolute blast. Here’s a quick rundown of how it goes:
- On the 5th of the month, you receive your penpal – who you’re mailing your goodies too.
- You have until the 15th of the month to buy and mail your goodies (limit of spending is $15, not including postage). You box must also include something written.
- Bloggers write a review and post at the end of the month.
My pen pal, Sofia, writes often in her blog, Rawsplendent. Her package safely arrived all the way from an island off the state of Washington. It arrived last Saturday and was wrapped beautifully. The boys were also hovering over me while I began to take my package apart, to see if there were any goodies in there for them 🙂
Many of the items in my box centered around chocolate and chiles – two of my favorite flavors! Here’s a rundown of the goodies:
- Mexican “Power Wraps”
- dark chocolate Kisses
- Truvia packets
- Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut tea
- Quinoa (yum)
- Locally made salsa – SO SPICY! My husband and I ate this for several evenings atop nachos. It made our noses run with the heat, but it was addictive and much enjoyed!
- Chocolate mole sunflower seeds
- Dagoba Organic “Xocolatl” dark chocolate bar (with chiles & cocoa nibs) – I’m so excited to eat this
- Vegan Penne & Cheese
- homemade plum & banana fruit leather – my husband loved these!
- A sample of Dagoba drinking chocolate. This is fantastic in coffee,which Sofia recommended I try (in her handwritten note). The container came open during shipping and thus everything got a slight coating in chocolate! This made for a wonderfully smelling package and I couldn’t stop licking my fingers 🙂
So, thank you, Sofia, for the wonderful package! Everything is absolutely great and I’ve been enjoying everything.
Interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal? Click on the link in the beginning of the post!