This past month I linked up with Foodie Penpals at the Lean Green Bean. I had heard about it through several blogs that I follow and thought it would be fun to join up. You receive your recipient on the 5th of each month, and have 10 days to purchase your products ($15.00 limit) and mail your package (hooray for Priority Mail – if it fits, it ships, no matter what the weight). At the end of the month, you write a blog post about the items that you received.
I had a fun time shopping for foods for my recipient, Amy, whose only food restriction was that she was pregnant. Hopefully I did a good job and she’s enjoying the box that I mailed her.I received a box from Kim, who mailed me her favorite staples from Trader Joe’s. We don’t have a Trader Joe’s up here (I wish we did!) so it was nice to receive a brand that I rarely, rarely would have in my pantry. Of course, on the day I received my package, I was ecstatic!
Here’s what I received this month:
- Sweet Potato tortilla chips – these were gone in a matter of days, as they were the perfect late-night snack for Mike, who is working on 2nd shift
- Reduced Guilt Brownie Mix – looks very yummy 🙂
- Spicy Brown Mustard – I love this type of mustard! I put it on everything; my favorite use for it is a dip for pretzels.
- Coconut Oil – I’ve heard of this product, but never used it before…that will be fun!
- Yellow & Red Roasted Peppers – Yum! Great in salads or on fresh italian bread
- Salsa Verde – I loved the unique flavor of salsa verde before I even received this jar, and I really like how there weren’t any preservatives in this batch. Great flavor, too!
- a reusable bag from Trader Joe’s – awesome! Who doesn’t love a reusable bag?!
The box of brownies & the bag of chips suffered a bit of damage from the box being bumped around, but were still edible.
My foodie penpal took a great guess as to what I would enjoy – everything! So thank you, Kim, for the wonderful package you mailed me!
If you’re interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal, make sure to sign up ASAP! 🙂