This recipe is one that I grew up with (thanks, Mom!). It’s simple, really, and is one of those dishes that reminds me of summer. I served this the other night with some baked chicken, though it goes with pretty much anything.
For this, I used the red potatoes that came with this week’s CSA.
Italian Potato Salad – adapted from my mom 🙂
- 1-2 lbs small red potatoes
- 2-4 scallions
- 2-4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
* Please note: my measurements are a little vague, simply because up until blogging I never really measured when making this dish. Rather, I relied on my own personal taste. This time around, I measured a bit and included what I thought would be the best crowd-pleaser.
- Cut potatoes into halves, if needed. Boil in a large saucepan until cooked. Drain & put into large bowl.
- Slice scallions & add to bowl. Add remaining ingredients & mix to combine.
- Do a taste test to determine if you need anymore vinegar, oil or spices.
- Chill for at least a 1/2 hour.
This salad is good warm, or chilled (I prefer a slight chill to it). Enjoy!
One thought on “Italian Potato Salad”
This looks delish!
Come and link up to this week’s party when you get a chance…http://inherchucks.com/2012/07/11/whats-in-the-box-34/. Looking forward to seeing you there 🙂